Friends of Armagh Cathedral
The Friends were founded in 1938, and are now a registered charity, whose objects are ‘to bring together in a fellowship of loyalty and devotion all who care for the ancient foundation of St Patrick and its continuing witness to the Glory of God’, and ‘assisting in the maintenance and preservation of the Cathedral for posterity.’
The Friends are registered with The Charity Commission for Northern Ireland NIC100129
Membership of the Friends is an effective way of giving support to the Cathedral. This ancient church dates back to 445 when St. Patrick built his great stone church on the Hill of Armagh. It is one of the oldest Christian sites in these islands.
The Cathedral on this hill has suffered destruction, burning and plunder on at least 17 occasions during Armagh’s troubled history. The present building, restored in 1834, stands on the foundations of the 13th Century building. St. Patrick’s Cathedral is the seat of the Archbishop of Armagh and Primate of all Ireland.
FRIENDS OF ARMAGH CATHEDRAL TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP
|Annual Subscription (Single)||£20|
|Annual Subscription (Double)||£30|
|Life Membership (Single)||£200|
|Life Membership (Double)||£300|
If you are interested, Click here to open the membership application form in pdf format
The Membership Secretary
Armagh Public Library
43 Abbey Street